Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2011 Hyundai Elantra if you drive the car is fine but Engine

Customer Question
2011 Hyundai Elantra if you drive...
2011 Hyundai Elantra
if you drive the car is fine but Engine will shut off at stop sign
Replaced MAP Sensor
Replaced PCV Valve
Replaced CamShaft Sensor
Replaced Thermostat
Replaced Battery
What else i need to replace ?????
Help please
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
10/23/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

When you stop and it tries to stall, if you apply throttle can you keep it running?

Are you behind on any maintenance steps or systems that require chemical cleaning?

If you shift to neutral does it still occur, or does it seem to want to pull forward more so than normal when its trying to stall?

So far the symptoms are pointing most towards a dirty electronic throttle body that needs to be cleaned.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type.

2) The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, they pay me nothing to help you.

4) I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

ok
if you drive the car and keep pushing on gas is every thing is good. But the minute you stop at a light os traffic you feel the Engine is losing power then it shuts off .
So i put the car on Park and Start again it will start and the only way to keep the car running is to keep pushing on that gas pedal .
If you keep doing that the car will give you hard time to start without pushing on gas quickly .
I mean the car will not stay running unless you pushing on Gas

Thanks for answering what you could from my previous questions, Try the throttle body cleaning I mentioned, and let me know those results.

i just did the Oil Change @ the Hyundai Dealer with the Approved Oil and Oil Filter
That was Yesterday
Today We Replaced The Battery "Hyundai Battery"
We replaced the Thermostat
We replaced the CamShaft Sensor , We replaced the Map Sensor ,

Thanks for the extra details.

Hi
We just replaced the Throttel Body
If you keep the A/C running the Engine runs ok
If you turn the A/C off the Engine shuts of
Help please

Thanks for the extra details. The idle speed is computer controlled so lets try a computer reset and if that fails then a computer reprogram at a dealer. Remove both battery cables and hold them together for one minute, then 30 minutes later reconnect them.

Step 1 start the car let it idle for 2 minutes, then rev the engine 5 times. Repeat step 1, then road test.

What do you mean by rev the Engine ??
Thanx

Hit the throttle pedal and raise the engine RPM.

Hello again, I am sorry you were not pleased with my help.

I hate that you paid to get an answer but left, what appears to me, not satisfied.

Just so you know I am still here and available to help any day. We can start over fresh or just pick up where we left off.

Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician