Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My car has starting problems at times. All lights on and

Customer Question
working, engine does not turn...
My car has starting problems at times. All lights on and working, engine does not turn over. i should also mention i have a store bought alarm system on the car for the last 3 years- could this be the problem ?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/14/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

******* THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER, I JUST NEED MORE INFORMATION ********

.

Do you know if there is power to the starter when the key is turned to start? (when it's not starting)

.

Hi Jerry, I am not sure. the only thing that happens when i turn the key is that the dashboard lights up, radio plays..but no response from the engine.

I see, thanks. There have been a lot of intermitent issues like that on them, (inhibitor switch) that may be out of adjustment, or bad. There is a factory service bulletin for it.

.

I do not have access to your email address,

I can get the bulletin and instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for a little bit more.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the private section so that I can see it, Thanks

How did you do with it? (before you pay a mechanic to do more work that isn't needed)

A new mechanic looked at it and said that it was a relay issue with my alarm which was interfering with the starter . I disconnected the alarm. So far no issues.

Good job! Thank you for using the site and please let me know if you need anything on it in the future, or if the problem returns, thanks again.

Jerry, Master Mechanic