Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

One of those hard to remove LHS drive shafts in Exel ,96.

Customer Question
Have wedges etc. still playing...
Have wedges etc. still playing real tough though...
Any tricks??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
I need to replace the shaft seal as its developed a slight weep.
Don't want to damage the shaft....
10/14/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome I'm Chris aka Moose

Use a piece of wood up against the shaft joint housing and hit that piece of wood with a large hammer to drive the shaft out while another also uses a pry bar to force it out. Do both at the same time. This should get the circlip to compress enough to get it out.

-----------About me and Just Answer------------

I am in my upper 30's, have a wife and 2 sons. I farm, fish, hunt, build, and coach youth soccer. I work on anything with an engine, been to many schools and classes through my 12 years with the dealership to get trained and certified. I try the best I can to share what I know and or have access to with my customers. Please consider I base my questions and answers to you, solely on the information you give me since I am not there to see, smell, hear, touch, or test. I try my best to be here everyday starting at 3pm central. Rating an answer is required. Please let me know if your not pleased prior to rating or if you cannot rate me so I can try to help a different way. God Bless and have a great day.

Thanks Chris

I understand there is no magic to get the circlip to compress.
Could be soft crap wire clip that catches.
Yup Ta...
I'm 70 .. 30 years with my own earthmoving gear and concrete trucks..
Must be getting soft in the head with all this internet stuff..
I'll make up a taper drift..
Before I pull the box out..
Or burn the pos...

Glad I could help and thanks for providing me feedback by rating my response.

I really hate that you came to Just Answer, paid to get an answer, but appears like you left not happy nor pleased with my help. I am still here available to help more. We can start over or just pick up where we left off. Let me know what I can do, so you will be pleased with my assistance.

Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician