eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified, imac, macs, bridhestone certified
6149662

My engine light routinely activates on my 2007 Hyundai

Customer Question

My engine light routinely activates on my 2007 Hyundai Accent. It came on at 30,000 miles. The dealer stated it was the fuel I was using. They stated switch from Costco gas to another brand. I have never had issues with Costco gas in any other vehicle I owned. The light came on again at 60,000 miles. Again, they said fuel issues and to use a fuel additive. I took their advice but the light came on again. I took it to the dealer and they advised the oxygen sensor failed. I replaced both sensors to have the light reactivated. The dealer now stated it was a purge valve issue. That was replaced. The engine light came on again.
Is there a problem with Hyundai Accents with the 1.6l engine? The dealer never told me there was a recall when the brake lights failed. They charged me for the fix. Weeks later, I got the recall in the mail.
Is there a problem with my car’s computer that could be causing the light to activate?
I have brought my car to the dealer for all the major services (30k, 60, 90k, and 120k). I am very good at routine maintenance, which I do religiously. Is Hyundai attempting to hide something?
Submitted: 1 year ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  eauto replied 1 year ago.

did they give you a diagnostic trouble code?