Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have A 2005 Hyundai Accent 5 speed manual trans it will

Customer Question

I have A 2005 Hyundai Accent 5 speed manual trans it will not go into reverse , removed air box an watched as the shifter was moved thru the gears and both of the cables are connected and moves the shifters . It was not going into 2nd and 4th and reverse but now it will only not go into reverse . Is there A way to adjust the linkage ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the cables are connected and moving the linkage and you still have no reverse then the problem is likely internal with the transmission. There is no adjustment that will resolve this concern.