George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

We have a problem, to dismount an alternator Santa fee V6

Customer Question

Hello, we have a problem, to dismount an alternator for a Santa fee V6 2.7 Liter, gazoline. the lower bracket bolt comes out through the back and has a big, square flat head, held in place by. the bracket. when it comes out through the back it hits the bracket that holds the cv assembly in place. any thoughts. it seems like you would have to remove the bracket but three bolts nearest the cv boot can not be reached w/ a socket or a wrench due to interference. Frame/ KMH SC8 1DP 4U67 1883
If you have picture, that would be great.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 2 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

That bolt sits in a saddle in the bracket, if you tap the alternator up once you remove the nut the bolt and alternator will come out of the bracket. It is a task to get the perfect rotation of the alternator to get it out of the vehicle, usually pulley down works but I normally take the CV axle loose at the knuckle end so I have more room.

Let me know how I can help

Thank you