Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have replaced my left rear brakes and rotors twice in the

Customer Question
past 6 months, took it...
I have replaced my left rear brakes and rotors twice in the past 6 months, took it in to the dealership they say it's because there's no grease on the pads when they were installed...it's possible but I find it hard to believe just the left rear would wear as fast as it has both times...the second time the pads were replaced they were greased...dealership says no calliper issues as it closes by hand...any help you can give me?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist

grease on pads has no effect on the wear. they are mistaken on there conclusion.

first, I would suspect brake hoses that are partially restricted not allowing the pads to release right away. make sure the pins that the caliper bolts to are free and not restricted. otherwise, I would look at the brand and type of pad being used.

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest