Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year in the Auto repiar business ASE Certified
7276279

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elentra GT with the panoramic roof.

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Hyundai Elentra GT with the panoramic roof. I'm having trouble with my sunroof automatic function. Got any experience with these?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can explain what type of problem you are having with the roof I will try and assist you here. Post back with complete detains and we can work from there if you still need help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Details:
2013 Elentra GT with the panoramic sunroof and automatic sun shade.
How the system is supposed to work in fully automatic mode: Momentarily press the multifunction button back and the sun shade opens and the roof opens to the full open position. Momentarily Press the multifunction botton forward and the roof closes. Momentarily press it forward again and the sunshade closes. There is a separate button that controls just the sun shade so it can be opened and closed without opening the roof.These automatic functions stopped working. Apparently when the controller loses its memory the system defaults to a simple operating mode where the multifunction bottom will open and close the roof but you must hold but button while the roof is moving. The sunshade function stops working too.There is a well documented reset procedure for this and I've used it. You hold the multifinction button forward for 10 seconds, wait till the roof nudges then release button then hold it again. The roof will eventually go through a homing routine and reset it's programming. This works fine for me and after I do this all the automated functions are restored....until I shut the car off. Once I turn the car back on all the programming is lost and only the basic function is available again. There are several posts on the internet about the reset procedure and people seem to be able to get their roofs to reset but no chat about my problem of losing the programming after turning the car off. I'm thinking the roof "control module" isn't holding it's programming but I don't know if that "module" is part of the larger control for the car or if its something that can be easily replaced and is separate.How do I get my roof to work normally and hold it's program?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

One thing you can try is to try a complete re boot. Disconnect both battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds and then reconnect them and do the reset procedure and see if them will hold.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought about pulling the bat cable but was worried that would cause other issues with lost functions on the navigation, radio etc. Do you think there will be other collateral issues if I pull the battery?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

You will likely loose the radio code, You may want to consider having your dealer perform the testing to avoid other issues.