Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

My car is a 1997 hyundai accent 1.5 it losses power when I

Customer Question
get on the gas to...
My car is a 1997 hyundai accent 1.5 it losses power when I get on the gas to take off what is causing that problem I have put a new fuel pump on and map sensor and thottle sensor and put new plugs in it and new fuel filter can you help me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
8/22/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Mike V., Hyundai Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Hi there,

A very common issue with these is the catalytic converter getting plugged up and causing this issue. Try taking out the upstream O2 sensor, this is either in the top of the converter or the exhaust manifold, then drive the car. If it has more power, then you will need to replace the converter. It'll be loud, but this will be a good test to try.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.

I put another catalytic converter on the car also but still having the same problem.
it only do it when it get hot.

Which converter did you replace? the one under the car or the one right off the exhaust manifold?

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician