Tims Auto Repair
Tims Auto Repair, Other
Experience:  i have owned my shop for 26 years
14541291

2012 Sonata makes knocking noise only at slow speeds or when

Customer Question

2012 Sonata makes knocking noise only at slow speeds or when sitting still and turning steering wheel
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tims Auto Repair replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

does the noise quit when you give it throttle?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is only when you turn steering wheel whether you are moving or not. Don't notice it while driving unless you hit a pot hole

ok..if you dont turn the wheel at all,,there is no noise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no

ok,,i would think your problem is a bad ower steering pump,,these will rattle like this when the bearing in the pump gets bad

thanks

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feedback ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help.