How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Eric Your Own Question
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Category: Hyundai
Satisfied Customers: 32372
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
Type Your Hyundai Question Here...
Eric is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My OBDII diagnosed a malfunction in the shift solenoid A

Customer Question

My OBDII diagnosed a malfunction in the shift solenoid A (code P0750) of my 2002 Hyundai Sonata GLS 6cyl 2.7L. I'd like to locate that part and replace it if I can. Can you help me locate it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.


I am sorry you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, it is located in the side of the valve body as shown in attached diagram. You have to remove the side transmission pan and then remove the valve body in order to replace it. It is about a 4-5 hour job for experienced tech. The transmission mount has to be removed, cv shaft removed, and transmission lowered a bit in order to remove the side pan to access and remove the valve body to replace the solenoid

Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
Please note that continued poor accept rate now leads to experts ignoring future questions you may post as they realize that they will not be paid for their time or services. Thank you
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Eric. I have difficulty with the technology, so it takes me longer to respond. I took my Hyundai to a reputable local Tranny shop. My torque converter was shedding metal causing the sensors to give problem codes. I had this Tranny serviced 1 1/2 years ago by another shop. That shop replaced the original torque converter then. So rather than service it I went ahead and authorized the local shop to replace the whole transmission with a rebuilt one. Thanks for the help anyhow.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
Ok, glad you got it resolved and have a good week