Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundai Sonata Gl: I am attempting to change a serpentine belt…

Customer Question
I am attempting to change...
I am attempting to change a serpentine belt on a 2010 Sonata. I was able to get enough tension off the pulley to get the old belt off, but can't seem to get enough off it to get the new belt on. Seems the engine mount on top is just in the way enough to keep me from getting the pully back far enough to get the belt over the power steering pulley. Any tips or tricks to finishing this? I tried removing all the nuts and bolt on the engine mount, but is does not want to come loose. Too much tension on it from the weight of the engine? OR do I just need to "rap" it enough to get it to come loose?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Hyundai
I don't think it is a wrong sized belt either, because I tried to put the old belt back on and need to get the same amount of tension off the belt to get it on also.
Thanks
7/15/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Tims Auto Repair, Other replied 3 years ago
Tims Auto Repair
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist youput it on everything except the tensionr,,it doesnt have a groove and will slide on it easy,,do the tensionor last,it will go onthanksPLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/if7kqao178xov4e/0715-hyandia-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/if7kqao178xov4e/0715-hyandia-If%20you%20are%20satisfied%20with%20my%20answer.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help