Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Hyundai Sonata GL: My fiancé's 2012 Hyundai Sonata trunk will

Customer Question

My fiancé's 2012 Hyundai Sonata trunk will not open, the keyhole will not roll either. How can I enter through the backseat?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
HI, Attached are directions to remove the rear seat. However, you will find a metal structural plate behind the seat that prevents entry to the trunk. If you are just trying to retrieve keys, you could cut a small hole in the plate to use a coathanger to retrieve the keys or cut it slightly larger to reach thru with your arm. If you need to retrieve something large from the trunk., it cant be done by removing the rear seat. You would have to cut the whole structural support out, which comprises the integrity of the vehicle and your safety. You would need at that point to either call a locksmith to come out and open it or drill the lock out to open the trunk Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks