Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have a 2012 santa fe with 66K miles on it. I recently had

Customer Question

I have a 2012 santa fe with 66K miles on it. I recently had an oil change and within 60 miles of the change, the check engine light cam on and the oil light cam on when at idle. The oil light goes off while driving. Someone suggested there is the oil pressure switch malfunction. The codes read that the camshaft timing is over advanced. Is this all interconnected? Other thoughts?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Roy replied 2 years ago.
good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist
it is possible that the oil pressure switch is bad but I would have the pressure tested while they are replacing it to be sure there is no internal issue.
the code for cam timing is not connected. the timing belt or chain may be worn and has too much slack. that is a common problem
Roy