peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Hyundai Santa Fe: I have a 2012 Hyundai Santa fe and I've locked

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Hyundai Santa fe and I've locked the car with the key fob and set the alarm and I've lost that key fob and I'm trying to drive with my spare key and I'm able to put in in the ignition on the on position for 30 seconds and the alarm will stop but then if I try to start the car the alarm starts again. What should I do?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
You may have to get another fob from a dealer and have it programmed to your vehicle to correct this as some models require the fob to disable the alarm.In other cases you can try and lock and unlock the door again with the key itself and see if this disables the alarm.
Thanks Pete