sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I just got a 2015 Elantra and noticed it has a pretty whimpy

Customer Question

I just got a 2015 Elantra and noticed it has a pretty whimpy horn. I had freeway blasters on my old Camry (which I had for 14 years) and would like to put them on my new car. Can it be done? I can't even figure out how to find the horn. It can't be just that little one near the firewall???
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went out of town after I sent my question and never received an answer. Could you e-mail an answer now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has been more than a week. I am going to cancel the Paypal.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
Yes, you could replace the horn with an aftermarket one but it would take a bit of work.
The horn is located behind the bumper cover toward the right side of center and on the lower radiator support. To access the horn you would need to remove the front bumper cover. There are clips that are removed at the upper grill area, at the top/rear corner on each side in the wheel well there is a single bolt that goes straight up that will need to be removed.
There are six clips along the bottom that will be removed and the fog lamps will need to be disconnected.
Then you can separate the bumper cover at the fender area by pulling outward, when the ends are loose then you can lift up and forward and remove the cover. A helper should be used to help prevent damage to the fenders and bumper cover.