Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Hyundai Santa Fe GLS: George , Paul, E/mail is

Customer Question
Hi George , Paul, E/mail...
Hi George , Paul, E/mail is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX / I am also with a 2006 santa fe / 2.7 ac issue /checked all fuse and relays / compressor clutch is free to spin / turn by hand just reg. resistance / not frozen up/ A/C was working fine until parcked with a/c on for approx 20-25- min. then just warm/hot air I did not yet check a/c with a gauge unit yet/ will get one Tried a can of a/c pro but just put a small amout 10-15 seconds / seemed to get a TAD bit cooler but did not want to OVERCHARGE THE Vech. but still the a/c clutch does not engauge in any a/c mode / How would I chec the a/c diode ? Or vech has 120,00 miles and a/c worked perfect till when it sat running on full for a amount of time. a/c compressor spins fine / cluthch free/ Elect issue ? or loss of refridgerant some how / ? also need to change the cabin air filter / It has been almost 2 years/ Ukmnow this also has a severe effect on the Heating & Cooling ..
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 2 days by:
7/11/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
On some models the ac system has an evaporator temp sensor to read the evaporator temp signal and if it is sending a false signal that the evaporator is freezing up it will need replaced.
if you have not had the fault codes checked to see what codes are set this needs done and any codes set will need diagnosed to repair the fault here.
Thanks Pete
Hi Pete , No fault codes checked with a scanner, Did find Hyundai air cond. troubleshooting on line { updated july 25, 2013] wires from condenser fan melted in plug! Sort of not common issue/ hard to find/ But tried to take apart my connector at front firewall to the Condensor fan and finally saw BURNED Inside plug connector at the weatherpack connector to the condenser fan/ Also , before I started I had left the vech. running for aprox. 30 min./ a/c on max/ No fan on , but spins free . also seems /have not checked with my new gauges set/ a master cool USA / set/ because I am not yet sure How To USE! / But seems their is Pressure on /on the low side, Fix one at at time / and I will be getting new a/c & fan relays on Monday/ and a fix of weather pack for the BURNED connector / also ***** *****/hundai forum/ on june 2010 /posts :31 a/c The rest of the story [ No Whining } Put out a VERY good post to fix/ with a/c pressures/ my next step after the condenser fan plug/ // P/S ac lite come on on dash / No fuses pooped / just as I said in 1ST post/ ? Very strange issue .. Thanks /***@******.***
I would replace or repair all components defective or damaged and let me know how things are working then if you can.
Thanks Pete
Hi ***** am looking for my connector I need 1 ST and will have to put that in 1 ST. in the next few days. BUT to suggest to replace bad parts 1st is obvious ! Thank you for a respond to my question at JUST ANSWER , but what you have given me so far is no help to my issue at hand, I have been in the auto parts business for 40+ years. if broke /fix/ if an issue than it needs reseaherched to FIX correctly the 1st time. " Any One " can throw parts & and thousands of $ $$ into some thing when all that was needed was a / inexpensive fix when the REAL problem was found . TOO many shops I have delt with in my auto carrier just throw in parts / charge customer/ GEE still doesn't work sir but so far you have $$712.47 in parts & labor !!! I am working on a KNOWN /found issue now/ /nothing so far you have suggested was of Any issue at hand, but I will be in touch. Thanks/ P/K
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician