Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  30 year ASE Master tech
2947720

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS few days ago, took several cranks to

Customer Question

2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS few days ago, took several cranks to get it to start, next day one, next day ten...no grinding sound, just never know how many attempts it will take to start car. Called local Hyundai dealership service, he said I don't need to
replace the starter, just the drive?? Can you explain, is this a simple repair can I do it myself??
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Jerry replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.
.
There was a service bulletin for that. However, I can't say if you would be capable of doing it or not. It is sometimes better, (and the labor a lot less) to just get a re manufactured starter from O'Reilly's or Autozone and put it in. I can get the instructions from the bulletin if you need it.
….
Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
Thanks and come again, anytime.
.
.