George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
13574682

My 2012 Sonata started up at my office. I drove it like a

Customer Question

my 2012 Sonata started up at my office. I drove it like a mile to another location and when I came back out it wouldn't turn over and the power seemed week. The brake was really heavy and not moving much. I went back this evening with the sun going down and tried to jump it. Got nothing. No power. Heavy brake and didn't even attempt to turn over. Any thoughts?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  I. Silva replied 2 years ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using justanswer.It is very common on this vehicles the failure of the starter motor.You will need to check for power at the starter ,fat cable at least 12 volts all the time and on the smaller wire ,you should also get 12 volts when holding the ignition key on starting position.Like I said ,the starter is very common to go on this vehicle and you should be under warranty. Good luck.Let me know.Thank you.
Expert:  I. Silva replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,have you fix your car yet ?
Let me know.
Thank you.