Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundai Tiberon: How do you get to the fuel pump on a 2001…

Customer Question
How do you get to...
How do you get to the fuel pump on a 2001 Hyundai tiberon
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Hyundai
7/3/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Amedee, Hyundai Technician replied 3 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Hyundai Technician
Hello and welcome!
Thank you for requesting!!
Here is the procedure to remove the fuel pump.
Remove the rear seat cushion.
To reduce the internal pressure of the fuel lines and hoses, first start the engine and then disconnect the electrical fuel pump connector.
Be sure to reduce the fuel pressure before disconnecting the fuel main pipe and hose otherwise fuel will spill out.
Disconnect the battery cable from the negative terminal of the battery.
Remove the high pressure hose and fuel return hose.
Remove the fuel pump assembly.
Glad I can help!
Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "excellent service" for assisting you today!
Customer
Hello!
It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance? Please let me know!
Customer