Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundai Genesis 3.8: I'm having problem with my genesis wiper…

Customer Question
I'm having problem with my...
I'm having problem with my genesis wiper blades not working. Dealership said there was no issue. Brook the car and the problem still exists. I looked online and found several owners with the same issue. What is th fix for this as I have another appointment with the dealer.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 day by:
6/26/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, what specifically is the problem with the wipers? Are they only working intermittently, not parking at the bottom of the windshield, etc?
Look at this YouTube video . This person is demonstrating the same problem I have. The wipers work when they want to. In any position, mist, auto, high low, or pulled forward to clean. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr0JwKJCMFM
Thanks, ***** ***** this problem a few times and with the exception of one it was a different problem each time.
Things they need to check;
1. Ground GE07 - This is the ground for the wiper control module, they'll know where it is.
2. The multifunction switch - They need to perform the continuity test to make sure it is not shorting within itself
3. Rain sensor - I've seen this fail and cause the body control module to do what ever it wants, whenever it wants with the wipers.
4. Wiper motor - An open or short in the motor can cause this. Sometimes hitting a bump in the road makes the connection again causing it to work.
If this is an intermittent problem I would leave it with them a few days and demand a loaner vehicle, this should give them time to make the problem present itself.
Honestly they should of checked all I mentioned the first time it was there. If you cannot get satisfaction from this dealer I highly suggest contacting Hyundai consumer affairs. They will open a ticket and in most cases send out a field engineer after the second failed repair attempt. You can reach them at
(###) ###-####
English:Mon - Fri 5:00 am - 7:00 pm PST
Sat - Sun, 6:30 am -3:00 pm PST
Spanish and Korean:Mon - Fri 6:30 am - 3:00 pm PST
I have an appointment Tuesday but dropping the car off tomorrow. I am kind of done with this dealer because I told them I almost got into an accident and had taken it two weeks ago to fix. It's a safety issue, and their first appointment was Tuesday. When I called back the next day to speak to the manager they refused to answer the phone (they have caller id). I even called the managers cell and he didn't answer that either. I had to call the 800 number the first time because they wouldn't answer the phone for me to make an appointment. It's ridiculous.
I'm so sorry to hear the dealer is giving you the runaround. It's definitely a big safety issue. I would go ahead and let Hyundai consumer affairs know about the previous experience and what's going on. Hyundai takes the performance of their dealers VERY seriously, especially in a case like this where there would be liability if an accident occurred.