Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Hyundai Sonata GLS: I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS (automatic).

Customer Question
I have a 2011 Hyundai...
I have a 2011 Hyundai Sonata GLS (automatic). Approx 57,000 miles on it. Have had regular tire rotations & alignments as needed. Bought new tires in Jan. 2013.
1) Have recurring complaint of car feeling "wobbly" when backing up, & when making sharp U-turn at low speeds. Under driver's front floorboard, can feel something "loose" or not turning properly. Have asked to have suspension, struts, etc checked. Always say "no problem found."
2) Just experienced new problem with rear driver side tire/brakes getting hot. Felt like something sticking. Had high pitch squeal for 32 miles. If lightly pressed on brake pedal, it would stop. Stopped at a store. Tire was hot & had smell of something burning. Waited about 15 minutes. Drove car again and seemed fine. My brake lining at last inspection was 6 & 7. Both rear had same measurement, as did both front. My tires are wearing unevenly, however.
Am I having some type of brake failure? If there is a problem with my brakes, could it be causing the "wobbly/loose" feeling in car?
My powertrain warranty expired 5/10/15.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
6/23/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The wobbly loose and hot burning smell can be related to a wheel bearing at fault.This would be the bearing on the wheel/hub that was getting hot.If the wheel bearings were not checked this should be done and may be best done by another repair facility to see if any issues are found.If found at fault it will need replaced.
Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician