Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundai Accent: I need help with a 99 Hyundai Accent

Customer Question
I need help with...
I need help with a 99 Hyundai Accent
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
6/19/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Amedee, Hyundai Technician replied 2 years ago
Amedee
Amedee, Hyundai Technician
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I would like to assist you. What is it you need help with on this vehicle?
I am the service manager at a Hyundai store in Arkansas and we are having problems that no one (field service engineers, technicians, nor tech hotline) can help us. There is a knocking noise that came from the engine after we replaced the transmission and compressor. We checked the compression and it was abnormally low so we replaced the engine with a used engine. Knock was still present. Keep in mind the noise only happens when the vehicle is in drive and the compressor is on. We also just replaced the idle control valve.
Thank you for that information. I take it your talking about the AC compressor? The noise is not there with the AC turned off? IS that correct?
Hello??
Correct. Only when the ac is on and the vehicle is in drive.
And the noise is not coming from the belt or the AC compressor?
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician