Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 sante fe 2.0 turbo, the mil light is on and vehicle has…

Customer Question
2014 sante fe 2.0 turbo...
2014 sante fe 2.0 turbo, the mil light is on and vehicle has very little power. Put a scanner on it and got p2562 code which has to do with the waste gate sensor. Anything I can check to resolve this? If not is it ok to drive to the dealer like this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Hyundai
6/14/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Kevin, Auto Mechanic replied 3 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, Auto Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin. The only things that can be checked are actuation using diagnostic equipment basically the actuator rod for the waste gate on the turbo is not in the position that the ecu is expecting it to be in so the computer cuts the turbo to prevent damage there are two possible causes either the sensor has failed or the actuator rod on the turbo is starting to seize . You are fine to drive to the dealer as the car has gone into limp home mode to prevent damage to other components