Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundai: 2005 Hyundai elantra 2.0 hesitates when accelerates..

Customer Question
2005 Hyundai elantra 2.0...
2005 Hyundai elantra 2.0 hesitates when accelerates.. Just replaced catalytic converter per firestone mechanic ...no change ..ideas?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
6/13/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The problem you are describing can be cause by either a failing MAF (mass air flow) sensor and or even a dirty one. I would start first with taking some MAF cleaner and giving the MAF a good cleaning , when doing so be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable to clear the PCM (computer) memory. Give this a try and post back if you still need more help and we can work from there.
Ron, ASE Certified Technician