Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had similar problem with my 2015 Genesis. No tachometer, no…

Customer Question
Had similar problem with my...
Had similar problem with my 2015 Genesis. No tachometer, no speedometer, no turn signals, no blind side warning, no lane departure warning, no outside temp indicator. But problem is intermittent. Car will go for days with no problem. Then I will turn on ignition and all symptoms will present. I will drive car 15-20 minutes and symptoms will go away. On one occasion, symptoms would present, go away every few seconds. Each time (it has happened 3 times) the symptoms go away before I can get car to dealer. Dealer said can't do anything until they can physically see the symptoms for themselves. So I'm stuck with a new -- but unreliable -- car. Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 day by:
6/5/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.
Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.
I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.
If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.
Thanks Chris
Hi
Only 2 reports come up like yours but neither have all the concerns you mentioned, though they may not have listed all the failures you did. Both cases were to replace the instrument cluster. However your in a bind that it can not be duplicated and I doubt you want to purchase and install parts on your own dome being it is under warranty.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris