Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundai Santa Fe: I am working on a 2004 Haundai Santa Fe.

Customer Question
I am working on a...
I am working on a 2004 Haundai Santa Fe. The A/C stopped blowing cold yesterday. I threw the guages on it and they read normal, 35 / 225. The line running to the evaporator is really hot and it is blowing hot air. I have never run across a car with good pressure, but blowing hot.
Thanks
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Hyundai
So I decided to put the gauges back on the car. Raised the RPM's to 2000 and added a little freon. The low read 30psi, the high was climbing near 300psi, but it is now blowing cold. 42* at the vent. Not sure why the high is so high.
5/27/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 3 years ago
Greg
Greg, import technician
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,
You may have too much air and condensation in the system .
I suggest you discharge the system vacuum and recharge with new 134a Do not recycle your old freon .
Check that the A/C ventilator for the condenser is working .
Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating ,
This way i can get back to you with further assistance or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg
Greg,
I will try and vacuum the system down this weekend. I need to find the adaptor cable for my vacuum pump.What are you refering to when you say "ventilator" for the condensor? As we both know, the condensor is mounted in front and is not in an enclosed housing. I am not sure how it would vent?
Hi
The condenser fan/ventilator is on the front of the condenser as shown in the pic at this link .
http://wikisend.com/download/430040/1.PNG.
Rgds Greg