Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Hyundai Veloster Tech Stick: I have a 2012 Hyundai Veloster

Customer Question
I have a 2012 Hyundai...
I have a 2012 Hyundai Veloster Tech Stick.
The passenger (right) headlamp won't turn on. I've swapped the bulbs and the bulb from the passenger side works in the driver assembly but the bulb from the driver side won't work in the passenger assembly. I've checked the passenger side with the driver side bulb removed. I've checked across the leads of the plug where the bulb plugs into and there's over 12v DC there when the headlamp switch is on. I've checked the multifuse and it test's fine with a ohm meter.
I'm stumped.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/23/2015
Hyundai Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, does it have the auto headlamp feature?

Yes but when I've been testing I've set the headlamps to on.

The headlamps exhibit the same behavior whether the switch is in the Auto at night or the ON position for testing.

I think we may have a ground issue. I'll post a diagram below. With both bulbs unplugged check continuity on pins 4 and 7 to ground at each bulb socket. Let me know if the link for the diagram does not work.
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician