Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Hyudai azera car seat with memory moves while driving

9/25/2013
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while though this vehicle isn't in my area of greatest expertise I would like to try to help.

There are a few things that could be causing your problem.

The memory seat functions are controlled by a module and the problem could be the module itself. The first thing I would recommend is trying a battery disconnect and see if that helps. Sometimes removing power from a module can at least temporarily fix issues such as this.

If that doesn't help then a scan tool can be used to look at data and see what is happening. If the module is seeing the switch pressed when it actually isn't then the seat is going to move, this could be the switch itself, wiring or the module. It could also be a seat position sensor or wiring issue, or the module itself may just be moving the seat for no reason, in which case it would need to be replaced.

Thank you for answering. This is intermittent too. It moves the seat overnight into an upright position. The seat position if I am going uphill. I think the dealer would charge me lots to troubleshoot. Just got to go to the dealer or is there another way to get the scan work done. I wish I knew where the battery was located.

When it moves is it going to a position that is programmed into memory Or is it going to a random position

Overnight it moves upright. The back recliner is the part that moves the most. It moves forward towards the dash. I hear a beeping sound from the module about 10 beeps when I use the manual control buttons to stop it from pushing me into the dash. Is it possible for me to disconnect the seat from it electronic base? Can a module be repaired? It seems like weight distribution causes it to happen more frequently especially when I am going uphill. Almost as if the car senses it is unbalanced.

If the module has failed then it will need to be replaced, there aren't any internal parts or repair procedures available for it.

You mentioned disconnecting the seat. Is it something that you'd want to maybe get the seat into the position where you would want it and then disable it from electric control? You could get the seat where you want it and unplug the module and that would stop it. The module is mounted to the bottom of the seat, a large rectangular module with four electrical connectors.

I guess the manual controls would not work either. Or would it?

On the memory seat system the module does control all power functions so if you unplugged the module you would lose all control over the seat.
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician