Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, L1 diagnostics, 32 years. Electrical expert
13677702

Hyundai Elantra GLS: Where is the fuel filter on a 2008 Hyundai

Where is the fuel filter on a 2008 Hyundai Elantra? How is it accessed? is it necessary to change it around 52,000 miles or may it be longer? Thank you.
Hello, I am Randall. I will do my best to help answer your question

I realize the manual says fuel filter at like 52K but,, this really is not true per say. Its by model and yours>? your filter is part of the fule pump, in the gas tank

These were really designed to last most life of the car unless,, running problem develops then,, you change the entire fuel pump assembly

Should you decide to do the work at some point? it slocated under the rear seat cushion, then a cover is removed, a lock ring removed and pump changed that way

I really do not say you have to run out and do this. Most last entire life of car by this design

Should the engine begin to bog one day or check engimne light comes on saying engine running lean? then.. you would consider replace. In the shop most every customer declines this type of repair for a fuel filter due to high cost etc

hope this helps. please remember to rate my service before exiting the site so I can be credited for my time.

When you are satisfied with the information I’ve provided, I would appreciate your positive rating. I truly value your feedback.