How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Z. Your Own Question
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Hyundai Tech -
Category: Hyundai
Satisfied Customers: 19033
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Hyundai Diagnostics
Type Your Hyundai Question Here...
Ron Z. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hyundai santa fe: where is the purge control valve located

This answer was rated:

where is the purge control valve located
Welcome! I'm Ron Z! I will do my best to answer all of your questions. For easy access to this thread, bookmark it now! Please read everything!

The Purge Control Solenoid Valve is located on the rear of the engine, towards the driver's side. For best access remove the air inlet to the throttle body.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the valve is not visible, is it indide something?

Is this the 2.7L or the 3.3L engine?

I'm sorry you felt the need to rate the service as "bad", however without the proper information, I cannot successfully help you. You need to help me to help you. I do not know what size engine you have, therefore I cannot dig deeper into the information to better assist you. If you'd like to provide me with an engine size, and have me further assist you... please do.
Ron Z. and other Hyundai Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ron...I apologize as I was in agonizing heat at the time, and frustrated that I had already seen the pictures you provided. That being said I studied the pictures more carefully and identified reference points and was able to hone in on the valve location. Thank you for your help, and wish you all the best. Rod
That's ok. It happens to the best of us. It would help me out greatly if you re-rated the answer and changed it to something higher than "bad" as this is a permanent mark on my record.