Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Hyundai Tiburon GT: I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT with a

I have a 2003 Hyundai...
I have a 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT with a 2.7 litre V6. It died in the middle of the street last night and won't start. I get the following codes. P1505, P1507, P0445 and P0448. They reference the fuel purge valve. Would this keep the engine from starting?
7/8/2012
AMD
AMD, Master Technician

amd_hcds :

Hello and thank you for choosing just answer.

amd_hcds :

In order to better assist you I need more information.

amd_hcds :

When the vehicle shut off, did it buck and hesitate or it turned off as if you turned it off with the key?

Customer:

It just turned off. RPM went to 0 while driving at 70MPH on the interstate

Customer:

The scanner I have says fuel pressure is ok. I thought it was the fuel pump at first.

amd_hcds :

The scanner will not tell you if you have fuel pressure or not.

amd_hcds :

ALso was your check engine light on before the problem or it was off?

Customer:

OK. I thought it did. Not sure what I read then

amd_hcds :

OK then disconnect one of the fuel lines and see if you have fuel and then take one of the spark plugs and see if you have spark.

Customer:

It was on. I found a broken wire on an O2 sensor this morning. I replaced that but it still won't start.

amd_hcds :

Maybe you saw a fuel pressure command on, if the computer wants the fuel pump on it doesn't mean that it's actually pumping fuel.

amd_hcds :

Can you communicate with your computer after the broken wire fix? When you turn the key to the on position does the check engine light come on?

Customer:

OK I will go pull a fuel line. I will check the engine light. BRB

amd_hcds :

Take your time.

Customer:

the check engine light is on when you turn on the key. I am not getting fuel from the fuel line even though the pump turns on. When I removed the line and turned on the key I got fuel from the engine no the line.

amd_hcds :

OK so you got fuel spraying from the engine side of the rail and not the fuel line?

Customer:

Just a little then it stopped

amd_hcds :

OK what about when you crank the engine? put a small jar under where the fuel is coming out so you won't have fuel everywhere and see if you have fuel coming out while cranking.

Customer:

ok I'll go check

amd_hcds :

And check for spark as well.

Customer:

No fuel when cranking. I am alone so checking spark is not gonna happen

amd_hcds :

OK then your problem is a fuel problem. Go to the fuel pump and check for power and ground while cranking.

Customer:

ok thanks I think I can take it from here

amd_hcds :

You're welcome. if you are satisfied please rate my answer. If you have more questions or you are not satisfied please do not rate and replay back.

Customer:

ok I'll leave this up until I check out the fuel pump.

amd_hcds :

OK, I will be here.

amd_hcds :

Let me know how it goes.

amd_hcds :

Don't just replace the fuel pump, Check for power and ground at the fuel pump while cranking first.

Customer:

Ok. I don't have my ohm meter here I will have to run and get it. But I realized I pulled the return line earlier. I pulled the correct fuel line and I get fuel when I first turn it on but not while I am cranking.

amd_hcds :

OK, let's check for spark. Get your ohm meter anyways and if you can have a friend help you to check for spark and let me know.

Customer:

Ok, I have to run to my office to get it . Take me about 20 min. I do not have anybody to help me. I am on my own. BRB

amd_hcds :

OK take your time.

Customer:

My ohm meter is missing from the office. Someone has borrowed it. I pulled a plug and laid it on the intake manifold and saw no spark. But It may not have been grounded.

amd_hcds :

Hmm...is there a posibility that you could get someone to help to make sure that we have no spark?

amd_hcds :

Also do you have an alarm in your vehicle? Or an imobolizer?

Customer:

Yes it has an alarm. Not sure about an imobolizer. I'll Check

amd_hcds :

Make sure that your alarm is not interfering and cuting spark

amd_hcds :

Check all the fuses in the vehicle as well.

amd_hcds :

I will be back with you in 2 hours, I have to do something. Be right back.

Customer:

I have given up. I am just gonna take it somewhere. Thanks for your help.

amd_hcds :

You're welcome. Are you satisfied with my service today?

amd_hcds :

If you are not satisfied let me know without rating and I'll do my best to help. If you are satisfied please rate my answer so I can get compensated for my time. If you have any questions please let me know at any time and I'll get back to you.

amd_hcds :

thank you.

AMD
AMD, Master Technician
AMD
AMD
AMD, Master Technician