Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Hyundai Sonata GLS: I am trying to program a second (new) remote

I am trying to program...
I am trying to program a second (new) remote for my hyundai sonata 2005. I found the alarm control module , but I do not see a switch to slide to "set" the new remote. All I see on the module is the conections for the antenna and the power to the unit. I do not really know how to proceed here.
7/5/2012
Greg
Greg, import technician
Name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist you the best i can, please Only accept if you are happy with my answer.

NSPECTION
1.Check that the red light flickers when the door lock or unlock button is pressed on the transmitter.
2.Remove the battery(A) and check voltage if the red light doesn't flicker.

Standard voltage : 3V

3.Replace the transmitter battery with a new one, if voltage is below 3V then try to lock and unlock the doors with the transmitter by pressing the lock or unlock button five or six times.

Battery : Lithium CR2032 (3V, 220mA/h)
4.If the doors lock and unlock, the transmitter is O.K, but if the doors don't lock and unlock, register the transmitter code, then try to lock and unlock the doors.
5.If the doors lock and unlock, the transmitter is O.K, but if the doors don't lock and unlock, replace the transmitter.
TRANSMITTER CODE REGISTRATION
USING HI-SCAN (PRO)
1.To register transmitter code, first connect keyless adapter (09900-21300) to DLC(Data Link Connector) cable of hi-scan as shown in the illustration.

2.After connecting keyless adapter(A) to the multi purpose check connector (10pins) beside data link connector in driver side crash pad lower panel, turn the power on hi-scan.

3.Select the vehicle model and then do "CODE SAVING".

4.After selecting "CODE SAVING" menu, button "ENTER" key, then the screen will be shown as below.

5.
1.After removing the ignition key from key cylinder, push "ENTER" key to proceed to the next mode for code saving.Follow steps 1 to 3 and then code saving is completed.
1.

2.Disconnect keyless adapter (09900-21300) from DLC cable and then proceed to self-diagnosis with DLC cable connected.
USING CODE SAVING SWITCH
1.Remove the center fascia panel.
Don't disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.

2.To store new codes :
A.Activate the keyless entry/receiver unit and change the code saving switch of the receiver unit from "OFF" to "SET".
B.The secret codes from the transmitter will be stored into the receiver unit when the door lock button or unlock button is pressed on the transmitter.
C.Save the 2nd transmitter codes in the same manner.

3.Return the code saving switch of the receiver unit from "SET" to "OFF".

4.Install the center fascia panel.
DESCRIPTIONBURGLAR ALARM System the burglar alarm system is armed automatically after the doors, hood, and trunk are closed and locked.The system is set off when any of these things occur :
A door is forced open.
A door is unlocked without using the transmitter.
The trunk lid is opened without using the key or the transmitter.
The hood is opened.
The engine starter circuit and battery circuit are bypassed by breaking the ignition switch.
When the system is set off, the alarm (siren) sounds and the hazard lamp flash for about two minutes or until the system is disarmed by unlocking the transmitter.For the system to arm, the ignition switch must be off and the key removed. Then, the ETACS module must receive signals that the doors, hood, and trunk lid are closed and locked. When everything is closed and locked, none of the control unit inputs are grounded.The door switches, hood switch and trunk lid switch are all open then immediately after locking the doors with the remote transmitter the system arms.If anything is opened or improperly unlocked after the system is armed, the ETACS module gets a ground signal from that switch, and the system is set off.If the trunk is opened using the key after the system is armed, the doors and hood are continues arm state and the system will be not set off. Then after the trunk is closed, the trunk hold arm state.If one of the switches is mis adjusted or there is a short in the system, the system will not arm. As long as the ETACS module continues to get a ground signal, it thinks the vehicle is not closed and locked and will not arm.An alarm that sounds for no apparent reason may have been set off by a switch that is on the threshold of mis adjustment. In this case, it may only take a significant change in outside temperature, the vibration of a passing truck, or someone bumping into the vehicle to make the alarm sound.KEYLESS ENTRY System the burglar alarm system is integrated with the keyless entry system. The keyless entry system allows you to lock and unlock the vehicle with the remote transmitter.When you push the LOCK button, all doors lock. When you push the UNLOCK button all doors unlock.The room lamp, if its switch is in the center position, will come on when you press the UNLOCK button. If you do not open a door, the light will go off in about 30 seconds, the doors will automatically relock, and the burglar alarm system will rearm. If you relock the doors with the remote transmitter within 30 seconds, the light will go off immediately.You cannot lock or unlock the doors with the remote transmitter if the key is in the ignition switch.To open the trunk, push the trunk open button on the transmitter and hold it for about two seconds.The system will signal you when the doors lock and unlock by flashing the hazard lamp once when they lock, and twice when they unlock.
ANTI-THEFT FUNCTION
1.ARM Function pressing the remote key lock button will result in a 0.5-second pulse issued to lock all doors.Pressing the remote keypad unlock button once will result in a 0.5-second unlock pulse issued to unlock all doors.As part of the arming sequence the alarm first enters a pre-armed state before falling into the armed state. During this pre-armed state alarm triggers are ignored. Pre-armed state can be reached from the alarmed state, the start inhibit state or the disarmed state. Pre-Arming of the alarm can be achieved by a press of the lock button on the remote key.In the pre-armed state the visible and audible warnings are disabled.This system enters the armed state if it is in the pre-armed state and,after 0.6 sec, check actuator lock and each door, hood and trunk close,and no door warning switch (no key in ignition).On entering the arm state, a single flash of the hazard lamps is given,period of cycle 2 second, duty rate 50%.If transmitter(TX) lock signal is received when a door, trunk or hood is open,then lock output is given and a flash of hazard is not given.After the armed state is entered, if a lock signal is received then a single flash of the hazard lamps is given, period of cycle 2 second, duty rate 50%.The armed state cannot be reached by locking the car with the keys.

Time specificationT1 : 0.5 ± 0.1 sec.T2 : Max. 2 sec.T3 : 1.0 ± 0.2 sec.
2.DISARM Function disarming can be performed while the alarm is armed, or alarming, or after alarming. The alarm can be disarmed by the following methods :
A.Pressing the unlock button on the transmitter(TX) key. The hazard lamps shall be flashed twice for 1sec period (of cycle), 50% duty rate.
B.If door warning switch is on, IGN1 and IGN2 are on in arm state,then arm state should be immediately canceled. This means that the driver is inside the vehicle before pushing TX lock, so system should not arm.
In the disarm state the visible and audible warnings are disabled and start is enabled.In the disarm state, if TX key unlock command is received, then the hazard lamps shall be flashed twice for period of cycle 1 sec, 50% duty rate.

Time specificationT1, T2 : 0.5 ± 0.1 sec.
3.ALARM Function once armed, should any door, hood or the trunk be opened, then.
A.Start relay drive output is disabled, so starting is inhibited.
B.Audible (siren) and visual (hazard lamp) warnings are issued, for three cycles, each cycle 27±2 sec. duration on, 10±1 sec. off. The siren warning is continuously occurring during the on period. The hazard lamps operate with 1 sec period, 50 % duty rate during the on period.
The alarm is given in the case where a door is opened with a key.After this time, the system maintains the start inhibit state, where no audible and visual warnings are issued but engine starting is not possible.

Time : 27 ± 2 sec.Ti : 10 ± 1sec.Tr : 0.5 ± 0.1 sec.
4.OPERATION DURING ALARM CONDITIONS

(1)

Canceling audible alarm with the remote transmitter.CASE 1 : Door closed during or after alarming and then closing all doors and a transmitter (TX) lock signal is received Then
- The lock command is executed with 0.5 sec. ON
- Siren and start inhibition are OFF
- Hazard lamp is flashed one time (period : 2 sec., duty: 50%, withins sec.)
- The state goes to arming mode (after a lock state check)
- The start is enabled

Time : 0.5 sec.Ti : 1.0 ± 0.2 sec.CASE 2 : Door Op enduring or after alarming, with a door open and a TX lock signal is received Then
- Siren is disabled and start is enabled after confirmation of actuator lock
At this time, when the door is closed,
- Hazard lamp is flashed one time (period : 2 sec., duty 50%)
- The state goes to arming mode

Time : 0.5 sec.Ti : 1.0 ± 0.2 sec.

(2)

New alarm conditions second alarm condition during alarming.When another alarm occurs during alarming, the starting is disabled,and the alarm continues to sound for the remained time of warning signal.The alarm continues to sound after the second alarm condition is removed.New alarm condition occurs after alarming (with all entrances closed)If any entrance is opened again then
- The siren is ON 3 times
- Start is disabled
- Hazard lamps flash during the ON time of siren
New alarm condition occur after alarming (with any entrance open).If another entrance is opened, the ETACS module keeps start disabled and there is no siren output.

(3)

Key operation during alarm after the alarm state or start inhibit state are entered, if door warning switch on (key in ignition) &IGN 2 ON, if IGN 2 state is changed to OFF within 30sec., remain in alarm state.

(4)

Disarming using the key during alarming, in case that door warning switch (key in) is ON and then IGN1 and IGN2 are both ON for 30 sec continuously, the alarm is canceled,and the system enters the disarm state.After alarming, in case that door warning switch (key in) is ON and then IGN1 and IGN2 are both ON for 30 sec continuously, the alarm is canceled,and the system enters the disarm state.

5.ALARM STATE IN POWER Down if the battery is disconnected to the ETACS module in the following states :
A.Alarm
B.After alarming
Upon restoring the battery, the alarm state shall be entered and the alarm cycle shall restarted (timer reset to 0).

6.ALARM HOLD MODE

(1)

In case of opening the trunk by trunk unlock switch during arm state, the alarming is hold.When received transmitter (TX) trunk signal in arm state, trunk open by output trunk lid open relay signal for 500ms and then holding alarm.But the door and hood except trunk is still in the arm state.

(2)

Trunk is going to the arm state just case trunk is still closed for 2 sec.

Ta : Max. 0.2 sec., T2 : 2 sec.
Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to click either "Helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Kind regards Greg.
i do not see a code saving switch on the module and I do not have a code scanner
Hi

After 2002 the Hyundai system can ONLY be done with the diagnostic scan tool .
So if you have just bought a new remote it will have to be reprogrammed with the dealer tool , normally when you get a new remote it should have the instruction with it letting you know you need a dealer tool .

Sorry to pas on the bad news but this is a true fact .

Kindest regards Greg
I understand. Thanks for the info. Happy fourth!
Happy 4th to you as well, and hope the rest of the week is also a good one .

Kind regards Greg.
Greg
Greg, import technician
Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician