al-mod
al-mod,
24290748

Hyundai Sonata hybrid: I want to replace basic rearview mirror

Customer Question

I want to replace basic rearview mirror with autodim homelink mirror. How is basic removed from tab on windshield? and will homelink fit on same tab?
Bob [email protected]
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What do you need? I want to remove the rearview mirror from the windshield. It is a stock mirror with lever on bottom to dim. I don't want to brake window. I have a "Homelink" mirror out of anouther Sonata that I want in my car. It has 3 wires to hook up that I belive can tap into the interor light.
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Hello I am sorry for the delay to answer your question,

There is a small allen screw at the base of the mirror, remove this screw then slide the mirror up off the "button" that is fastened to the glass. Slide the new mirror onto the button and tighten the screw firmly.

Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No there is no screw on the orignal mirror. I have removed many with the set screw and is the first thing I looked for.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Sorry I don't have a 2012 to look at and that is what the service information shows, if there is no setscrew you tap the mirror sharply up but take a look at the mirror you have to install and see if it has a built in spring. If it does then that is how they designed it.

I have nothing further to add so I will OPT OUT and maybe someone else will have had to remove one of the new ones.

Sorry I could not help

Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had one answer but it was for a basic type mount, Mine is not, it is not anything obvious to remove. = no answer
Expert:  Walt-Mod replied 5 years ago.

Expert:  al-mod replied 5 years ago.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Expert. Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.