tripletauto
tripletauto, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified master technician Over 20 years experience here to help you solve your hyundai problems
15993919

Why does my turn signal bulb keep going out?

tripletauto :

hello it sounds like you need a new socket

tripletauto :

what model hyundai is it i see it is an o7 model correct?

tripletauto :

you can take entire assembly out yes i will need model to tell you steps to do that but you need a new bulb socket

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. 2007 entourage

graphicis this what yours looks like?

there are two bolts and two clips holding headlight in

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am not outside right now, its 28 degrees out there. I really need you to read all my orig ?s so I don't have to rewrite it all. Then I will seek more help from you if I need it. Thanks.Smile
the socket should plug into the harness. this socket is loosing connection causing turn signal bulb to go out. not sure what cover you are talking about. the one that goes across the radiator support? it will have to be removed to gain access to headlight. as far as warranty they will not cover a bulb but should cover the socket. this is kind of a gray area. normal wear items are not covered a bulb will burn out sooner or later so it is considered maintence. the socket in my opinion should be covered.
your basic warranty is 5yr 60k miles
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I remember taking those snap bolts out as in 2nd pic you sent me. Yes, I think that was the radiator support. It was black, about 4' wide and was a pain to remove about 20 buttons. Is there a special tool I should be using? I don't want to break any again. Buying the parts is not a concern--pretty cheap I imagine. Its the labor time outside in this cold.
a door panel tool works great you can probably remove half of them and gain enough room to work. a tool like top one on this pic it is basically a bent screwdriver with a v on end.graphic
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. Looks like an upholstery staple remover. I could have used one of those when I took my Chevy van door panels off to fix the window and rear wiper motors. I got pretty good at it, experience is a great teacher. LOL. If I need help later ww this same issue, can I call you back?
YES just reply back to this question and i will be notified, even after you accept i will continue to assist you. good luck and happy new year to you