SuperDave
SuperDave, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  over 14 years experience
10552493

Hyundai Elantra GLS: 2001 Hyundai Elantra. Had a crack in

Customer Question

2001 Hyundai Elantra. Had a crack in the radiator, replace radiator, thermostat, coolant temperature sensor, all hoses, and radiator cap. Bled the system of air. No outward signs of a blown head gasket. Engine still gets hot / over heats. Fans come on when ac is turned on, but will not cycle on when temp gauge goes above center line. When I remove the connection to the coolant temperature sensor, fans come on high. relay is good.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  SuperDave replied 5 years ago.
do you have any engine codes?
Expert:  SuperDave replied 5 years ago.

graphic

swap your engine control relay with another relay and see if the fans will come on when the engine starts to get hot(relay under the hood fuse box)

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Did as you said...it went to 3/4 to redline and still they haven't kicked on
Expert:  SuperDave replied 5 years ago.

I recommend you use a hyundai coolant temp sensor if you did not.check the voltage of the temp sensor using a voltmeter: