Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2003 Hyundai sonata: vaccum..hose schematic..of the vacuum lines

Customer Question
2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS. Needing...
2003 Hyundai Sonata GLS. Needing vaccum/EVAP system hose schematic. The "guy" that put in a used engine did not hook up all of the vacuum lines for the EVAP system. Now car will not pass emissions. "Guy" is not able to be tracked down. Thank you.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Hyundai
9/20/2011
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 6 years ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help you with your question,

The only diagrams that exist are below.

In general there is only one EVAP connection to the engine and that is from the purge valve on the back of the intake manifold to the manifold. The rest of the system is at the rear of the car.

There is a common problem with the charcoal canister coming apart and allowing charcoal granules to be sucked up the hose to the engine sticking the purge valve open. The canister is under the left rear corner and if you pull the large hose off the canister and see loose charcoal it needs to be replaced.

Click here for diagram

Look this over and let me know how I can help you

Thank you

Thanks I need a little more than that. The fuel pressure regulator does not have a line going to it. The solenoids are just hanging, one vacuum line is connected to the manifole etc etc. The car runs great but won't pass emissions. I will need to run new lines and/or find the old ones but without out a complete drawing I dont' know where to start. I can send you a picture of what my engine looks like. Basically I got ripped off. My timing belt went out after 209k miles so I had a guy that was recommended by the junkyard put it in. The junyrad gave him the wrong motor. So the guy, had to take two motors out and put two motors in. Appreciate your help!

The emissions drawing for the evap system is complete as shown, as I say there is not a lot to this and it sounds like what you really need is a mechanic to put this back together.

Not knowing what was or wasn't done I cannot see what has to be done and you don't know where it goes to describe it to me. Sorry but you need to hire a mechanic that can put a few hours in this and put it back how it should be. I suggest that you find an independent shop to work on this or a Hyundai dealer so they are familial with the layout. It is not in the manuals.

Not passing emissions is different from the Evap system so once you get everything installed correctly you have to run it awhile to get the junkyard out of it and then see where the emissions sit, you may have to replace O2 sensors and catalytic converters at 209,000 to get it to pass.

Sorry if this is not what you are looking for but it is the way this will get repaired.

Let me know what I can do to help you

Thank you

George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician