Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2004 Hyundai Santa Fe: indicator..vents..oil change..jump

My 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe...
My 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe is having a problem with the heat. Here's what it has been up to lately
Over the past 3 weeks it has taken a long time to blow warm air even if the indicator says the engine has warmed.
Today it completely stopped blowing warm air, but the vents felt slightly warm.
Last week I had an oil change at Juffy Lube and they also did a "radiator fluid exchange" and added antifreeze/coolant.
Yesterday my son left the ignition turned to "battery" for about 5 minutes and then had to jump the car to get it started again.
Would it be a fuse? The thermostat?
Thanks!
Thanks
1/28/2011
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
This is most common a thermostat issue .How many miles on the vehicle?
82,000 miles
Ok then yes next step is to replace the thermostat and gasket and bleed the cooling system.This would be the next step.Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Is the radiator fluid exchange, which Jiffy Lube referred to as "flushing" the system, the same as blleding the cooling system?
No. After replacing the thermostat the air needs to be bled out of the cooling system so there are no air pockets in the cooling system which can cause the vehicle to overheat. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
So, I need to replace the thermostat? Final answer?
Yes thas the next step. Hoped this helped. Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician