How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask George H. Your Own Question
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician
Category: Hyundai
Satisfied Customers: 18701
Experience:  Hyundai Gold certified, ASE Master tech 15+ years
Type Your Hyundai Question Here...
George H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

2004 Hyundai Elantra: cylinder..the oil lever

Customer Question

Re: 2004 Hyundai Elantra, 2.ol 4 cylinder: Right next to the oil lever dipstick and in front of the engine the is a large silver part, flat of the side facing the engine then round on the sides to form an arc. In the middle is a tube/set of wires running out of it. What is this part and it's function?

Below this part is another part that says Kia. Do you use Kia parts when you built your cars? Also, is it usual for the f/fog box in the engine fuse compartment to be missing. Also missing are the fuses for DRL Control, and front fog lamp relay (15A) each also missign is the head lamp washer but I'm pretty sure I don't have this on my car.

Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,


First Hyundai owns the Kia company so the nnames are XXXXX XXXXX you will find both names on the components of both brands. This is one of the ways that the company can bring a well engineered, low cost car to the market and offer the best warranty inn the business.


If you do not have fog lights or DRLs installed there will not be fuses or relays in the slots provided for them. DRLs are required in Canada and several other countries and fog lamps are an option so if your car is not equipped with those they will not be installed inn the fuse block.


The part you are asking for identification is the variable camshaft solenoid and controls oil flow to the camshaft actuator.


To be sure we are seeing the same component I have included a diagram of the part below, let me know if this is what you are looking at and if not maybe you could post a picture of the part.


Click here


Thank you



Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The picture you sent is showing a bunch of hoses and is not what I described. The part I asked about is hardly showing in the picture at all so I'm not sure we're on the same page. Meanwhile, I found another source. Thanks for your help anyway.

Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

That is why I asked you to post a picture of what your were seeing as the description is rarely enough


I hope you found my answer to your question about the missing fuses/relays helpful


Thanks for using Just Answer