Amedee
Amedee, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  ASE Technician advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

2006 Hyundai Azera... Diag codes P0463 & P2068... problems

2006 Hyundai Azera... Diag codes P0463 & P2068... problems began after running out of gas.
The suggestion is to replace an assembly described as under the fuel pump and sit in the gas tank... has a fuel level float. The codes are for a fuel level sensor. Replacement of the assembly has a price of $700+. Seems a little steep.

Check engine light is off when there is over a half tank of gas, check engine comes on when at about a half tank and lower.
Hello!

Did you still need help?

DO you have any diagnostic test equipment?

Are you looking to fix both of these codes?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have no diagnostic test equipment.

I am looking for a fix to both the codes and and opinion if what has been suggested (replacing the 'fuel server assembly') will solve the problems (no more check engine light). Also, is the price reasonable? Saw a photo of the unit and it looked like it would have a factory cost of about $25.

Checked for the part today at Advanced Auto (very helpful) but they could not find the part (just the fuel pump) and said it is probably a dealer only. Can you tell me the part number and where it might be purchased?

Sure... Let me do some digging and get back to you in a few minutes....
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok again
P0463 Fuel Level Sensor Circuit High Input

Possible Causes

* Fuel level sensor connector is damaged
* Fuel level sensor signal circuit is open or shorted to voltage
* Fuel level sensor ground circuit is open
* Fuel level sensor has failed

P2068 Fuel Level Sensor 'B' High Input -

Possible Causes

* Fuel level sensor 'B' connector is damaged
* Fuel level sensor 'B' signal circuit is shorted to voltage
* Fuel level sensor 'B' ground circuit is open
* Fuel level sensor 'B' has failed

I would strongly recommend to get this part form the dealership. You don't have to have them install it, but I would recommend to use O.E. parts only. THis is very important. I don't have the part number handy, but you can just call your local dealership and ask them for the price and part number and they will be able to assist you.

ONce you have the part, you can go anywhere to have it installed. It should not be too much labor because the fuel tank does not need ot be dropped. You gain access ot the sending unit from under the rear seat inside the vehicle/.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for the information. Please comment on the price.

Parts and labor total I do not think that 700 bucks is unreasonable. I have seen repair orders that exceeded $1000 just for a simple fuel pump and sending unit removal and replacement.

Edited by AMEDEE on 10/16/2010 at 10:14 PM EST
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you
You bet!