Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

2003 Santa Fe: drive cycle..OBD readiness codes..liter engine

Customer Question
What is the drive cycle...
What is the drive cycle to set OBD readiness codes for a 2003 Santa Fe with a 2.4 liter engine.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Hyundai
7/21/2010
Hyundai Mechanic: Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 years ago
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Ok you need to drive at least 50 to 75 miles once the light is cleared. Once complete drove cycle is when the car reaches operating temperature . This needs to be done 3 times for the monitors to set. Alot of times if you drive it 50 to 75 miles turning the vehicle off letting it cool down it will set with no issues . Sometimes it will take 100 miles plus.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician