Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

How do I remove an alternator on a 2003 santa fe?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Hyundai
6/29/2010
Hyundai Mechanic: eauto, The Car Guy replied 7 years ago
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
motor size please?
2.7 L engineXXXXX

graphic

here is the diagram remove the belt by releasing the belt tensioner and unplug and unbolt the alternator

Thank you for your reply, but the problem seems to be the support bolt is in the opposite way from the diagram.
sounds like some one put it in backwards....is it seized or you can get it out? what is the issue?
There is some sort of a plate that is in front of the bolt. Don't know what this plate is and rather I have to try to remove it - lift the engine- what?
i have one at the shop ill look in the morning....I cant picture it in my head but i will get back to you.......if you dont hear back from me by 11 am hit me up hear so i get a reminder.....i check in hear on and off all day...but i need to look at the truck so i can describe you the procedure in depth....I work on so many cars....i cant always picture everything in my head...but i will work you thru this tomorrow
eauto
eauto
eauto, The Car Guy