HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I just had a HVAC technician reset my wet switch. It has…

Customer Question
I just had a...

I just had a HVAC technician reset my wet switch. It has tripped again, I have wiped it all dry but I am not able to reset the trip.

Contractor's Assistant: Are you an HVAC professional?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No, i just want to reset my wet switch somehow

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/11/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello, there is nothing you can easily do to fix that, it should be replaced, you can however heat it with a hair drier for a few hours, ideally for more than 5 hours, and there is about a 50% chance that you can restore its function for a while at least,

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the 'Finish and rate your expert' link near the top of your screen ( or the 5 stars ) before you leave today.

.

Rating will not increase your charges, but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

,