HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Williamson heat pump of 1983 the wiring diagram was…

I have a Williamson...

I have a Williamson heat pump of 1983 the wiring diagram was damage from age. Is there a way to find that diagram at?

Contractor's Assistant: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

7/11/2018
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator
Hello:
I'm Michelle, the moderator for this category here on JustAnswer!
I'm so sorry that a JustAnswer Expert has not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed assistance with your question?
Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Customer reply replied 10 days ago
continue
Customer reply replied 7 days ago
Have you find anything on this Heat pump yet.
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello,I'm Phil, age 78 a mechanical engineer, electrical and mechanical contractor, still consulting nationally and with over 9,000 questions successfully answered here on Just answer. I am able to coach you through to a full diagnosis.

.

If you can get me the full model number there is about one chance in 30 that I can get that diagram. Or I can coach you without it

.

You will need a multi meter with a capacitance scale,and possibly a clamp around amp meter.

Note: I cannot stand by on this end. I respond back when I finish typing my answer …. and with the current customer, etc.

.

.

If or when you opt for training and coaching however … your question in that case goes way beyond 'Just a simple Answer'... that takes a lot of time, there is no extra charge, but you need to provide a positive rating now if you want that extra service.

That way I do not loose my shirt helping you, you can still refund if I fail.

.

$25phone calls are 100% optional but will speed up the training,coaching and troubleshooting process in most cases.

.

Regarding the error code lights, those are useful about 30% of the time, the other 70% of the time they are too general to be useful or are entirely bogus, as when the printed circuit board fails. I do not rely on them to any great degree.

.

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside the furnace/air handler door, and the printed circuit board mounted on the blower , that shows where the thermostat wires connect, and the wiring diagram glued inside the electrical controls box mounted INSIDE the unit that sits on a slab outside the house.. and I will mark that up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

When we finally get the situation solved, please select the 'finish and rate your expert link' near the top of your page and click on it.

If you want coaching and training in further diagnoses just rate this answer positively. We can go from there without a time limit in that case.

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible!

I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by clicking on the 'Finish and rate your expert' link near the top of your screen ( or the 5 stars ) before you leave today.

.

Rating will not increase your charges, but it is how I earn a living

Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Thanks, ***** ***** know if you want some coaching on a diagnosis, on the same dime,