HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

My ptac wont turn on it has proper voltage to the circuit…

Customer Question
My ptac wont turn...

My ptac wont turn on it has proper voltage to the circuit board and out of the transformer. the off light does power up

Contractor's Assistant: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?

No

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes......

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

At power up....shouldnt the off light be on?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Is someone still there....lol
The off light doesn’t power up at plug in....btw
5/31/2018
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 2 months ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer

Hello

I need to see the units wiring diagram

Take close up, exceedingly well focused photo's of the wiring diagram glued inside of the unit somewhere, you should see it when you slide the unit out of its wall sleeve...... and I will mark that up with trouble shooting instructions.

Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo(s) to me.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

We can go from there with training, coaching and diagnosis.... without a time limit, In depth with as much detail as needed .

.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope by the time we are finished that I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Rating will not increase your charges but it is how I earn a living

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ok

If your number end in 972 I am getting your machine let me know, we will stay with it