HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Furnace will not stop unless I pull the breaker. AT THIS…

Customer Question
Furnace will not stop...

Furnace will not stop unless I pull the breaker

Contractor's Assistant: Did you check the furnace's filters?

No, I AM DISABLED AT THIS TIME

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

YES, IF I CAN

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I HAVE SHUT OFF THE THERMASTAT AND THE FURNACE KEEPS ON RUNNING/

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 2 months ago
David Bowden
David Bowden, General Contractor

Hello and welcome to Just Answer… My name is ***** ***** allow me a few moments while I do some research, my recommendation will appear shortly.

If the furnace keeps running with the thermostat turned off, you will need to contact a service tech to check and see if you have a faulty thermostat that is making contact when it isn't suppose to, or you may have a faulty relay that may be remaining closed instead of open, or they may be a problem with the circuitry on a circuit board that is causing a short and the heater to keep running.

Greetings… Just following up to see if you were still needing some help answering your question?

Thanks,

Dave

I HAVE REPLACED THE THERMOSTAT THAT WASN'T THE PROBLEM ?

You can isolate the electrical short by disconnecting the thermostat wires inside the heater area. If the unit shuts off the short is in the wires to the thermostat or the thermostat itself. If not then the short is somewhere after that point, relay, gas valve, etc. Through a process of elimination you can determine where the problem is located.

Thanks,

Dave

Hello... I would very much appreciate if you can take a few moments and reply to this email and let me know if you still require assistance, or should I proceed forward to closing out this question since it has been open for so long.

Thank you,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 1 month ago

Hello...

I am not sure if you have been receiving my follow up messages regarding this question however, if you would be so kind as to please respond and let me know if the information I provided initially was helpful or if you still require some assistance, I would sincerely ***** ***** that way I can either continue helping you or forward this to customer support for further processing.

Thank you very much,

Dave

HVAC Technician: David Bowden, General Contractor replied 27 days ago

Hello, I was reviewing my open questions and noticed this one has not been replied too, however I did respond with an answer back on May 31, 2018 and therefore I am wondering if that has resolved the problem you were experiencing. I would greatly appreciate a reply email, so I can complete this open question, or just let me know if you need further assistance, and I can continue to look for another solution.