HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I want to connect my 2 burner propane stove to quick

Customer Question
I want to connect...

I want to connect my 2 burner propane stove to quick disconnect on side of trailer and eliminate the small bottle regulator

Contractor's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

Just getting geared up to make the adaption is there a connector for this already

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Thats it

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: HVAC
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: Gaztech, HVAC Technician replied 18 days ago
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician

Hi I am Gaztech1, a independent technician, I will assist you with your issue.

Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE when we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Yes there is , you will need to tap in your existing gas line, then run line form it to where you need your appliance with quick disconnect at the end,

you should find that at your local RV shop, they can also install that for you as it is usually done by qualified technician

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
thats what im doing
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
cancel my membership i got no value out of your answer thxs
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
are you there

What other details would you like me to explain to you since you got a 30 year experience propane tech online now doing this for a living

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
hello

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
im going to cut the line put on a compresion fitting and plumb it up what were you going to do differently

You asked if there is there a connector for this already, did you mean on your RV?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
no not on rv a conversion connector i can buy rather than cutting the line and making it myself

If you could get a conversion connector where would you tap to existing line?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
if its a conversion connector id just use the quick disconnect on the trailer

Ok so you are saying that you already have a existing quick disconnect that is linked to your propane line

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
i just want to adapt to a coleman propane stove and eliminate the bottlr regulator that comes with the stove i cant have to regulatore in line or stove wont work to low pressure

OK I see

You can not increase the line pressure, therefore no adapter will do this using that stove, you will need to get a low pressure stove 10.5 WC set up.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
its a coleman low pressure stove i need to gr so i can use the trailer regulatore to provide pressure
et rid of the bottle regulato
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
ill go to camping world and see what they say

let me explain

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
does coleman sell the adapter mor should i make my own or consult camping world

The stove regulator needs tank pressure approx 150 lbs then reduces to 10 wc. if you could put a adapter in the regulator it would not open regulator to let gas through because it would only get 10 wc, like 1/4 lbs

You would have to cut off regulator from hose and fit the male side of quick disconnect

Hose would need a barb fitting inserted in the end to be able to screw the disconnect.

fitting ; example: 1/4 inch barb by 3/8 male pipe thread

male part of disconnect would need to match perfectly with existing female end on your RV

Here is picture of barb fitting

http://www.contractcleanersupplies.com/mm5/graphics/full-size/brass-hose-barb-check-valve-fitting.jpg

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
got it thats what i was going to do i thought you might know of an adapter i already have the parts to do what you suggest thxs

Please Don't forget to rate the 5 star rating AT THE TOP OF PAGE if we are done. this will credit me for assisting you.

Best regards

Gaztech1

Gaztech
Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician