HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I am working with a Nutone upright gas furnace with a

Customer Question
standard A coil on it...
I am working with a Nutone upright gas furnace with a standard A coil on it. It keeps breaking the the condensate pipe. The pipe shatters. Original pipe was sch 10 cpvc. It shattered. I replaced it with sch 80 cpvc. It shattered. It looked like mechanical abuse to me. Something dropped on it. The costumer is however an elderly lady and the unit is in a closet with no storage occurring there. The condensate system is connected to both the A coil and the condensate from the condensing furnace, but is is the A coil piping that breaks. I am at wits end!! what is happening.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 2 months ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

is it possible the ac is freezing up to where it breaks the drain?

anything is possible but I checked the pressures and it seems fine. Wouldn't the coil freeze up and cut air flow? That doesn't happen. What about the TVX valve?
Billy, I have made a temporary drain with clear poly tubing. If the freeze theory is true, should frost form in the tubing. Right now we have high humidity and 75-80 degree temperatures. What do you expect the gauge readings to be under those circumstances?

r410 or r22?

Dill so you have an answer?
410A