HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have trane xe 78 with a rodgers model 50A50 - 405 board.

Customer Question
I have trane xe...

I have trane xe 78 with a white rodgers model 50A50 - 405 board. My fan runs continously with or without calling for it? I have removed the thermostat and it still continues to run? Does the fan for AC come from the control board only or is there an additonal rellay that might be stuck?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?

I don't think it's either. the thermostat is not currently connected. I wanted to know if the board is the only point in line from the ac power to the fan or is there a relay inline?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I don't thinkj so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: HVAC
i,m standing by for expert in hvac
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: Bill, HVAC Technician replied 3 months ago
Bill
Bill, HVAC Technician

The relay for cooling is built into the board ( the White Rodgers).

Remove the blower wire from the control on COOL terminal. If the blower stops replace the control.

Bill