HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Rather than going up to the 160 Degree CH Set point the unit…

Customer Question
Rather than going up to...
Rather than going up to the 160 Degree CH Set point the unit cuts off in the 104-108 range each time (3 102, 104, 106 (climbs) and then:6 108 - Burner off due to reaching temperature set point and decreasesWarm here now so too much immediate concern, but would like to see this to its previous 160. One thing to note is I have fiddled with a valve that appears to "bypass" the boiler. To the best of my knowledge it was half open and then I closed it (thinking this would route all water to boiler).Only thing that has really changed though from working winter unit to today's top temp of 108.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: HVAC
5/30/2018
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 months ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of your situation.

What's the brand and model of your boiler? do you have an outside sensor?

There is a sensor outside of the home that registers roughly between 38-70 degrees this time of year.The unit is a Triangle Tube Solo 250Thanks

Sounds like your DHW is wird to the central heat control circuit. Since you have an outside sensor the boiler water set point will drop when it gets warmer outside. BUT this should have no effect on DHW boiler water set point if th DHW tank aquastat is wired to the the proper terminals

The issue is that the heat cuts off prior to zones coming up to correct temperature. For example, I have a zone I want to bring up to 78 and the boiler comes on, heats to 108 and then cuts off dropping to 94 but the zones don't seem to heat to the necessary levels.

78 is significantly higher than normal design room temp (70-72) so it will probably take longer than normal for the room temp to rise particularly if the outside temp is relatively warm. If you want to run room temp that warm during the warmer weather months the outdoor reset control setings may need to be adjusted.

Do you ave more questions?

I can't seem to find that documented. Are you certain that is what is occurring with the Triangle Tube? The reason I'm asking is I have a radiator tied into the system - 10 zones of radiant floor heat and 1 zone radiator with a thermostat right next to it. If I set that zone to something like 80 (radiator zone) my impression is the boiler should run up until that zone is 80. Yet it continues to cycle on and off.So my question is how to force the boiler to go to 160?

I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.